Well, since I still haven’t had any Nebraska adventures, I better post a few reasons why Nebraska is so damn awesome!
Here are a few reasons…in no particular order:
- Gerald Ford, Fred Astaire, Marlon Brando, Gabrielle Union, Malcom X, Alexander Payne, Henry Fonda, Jonny Carson, and Willa Cather are all born/from Nebraska
- The only state in the nation with a Unicameral
- We have the largest part of the Ogallala Aquifer…No water shortage here!
- Really delicious local beer: Hoplulia, Lucky Bucket, other smaller breweries
- Home to the College World Series
- Home to greenest restaurant in the country – The Grey Plume
- Arbor day was founded here
- Official state motto is: Equality before the law
Lincoln and Omaha are always listed as best places to live